Kodi For Windows: Kodi is an open source all-purpose media center developed by XMBC foundation that allows users to stream media from the internet as well as digital files from your local storage. Kodi supports a number of operating systems and various hardware systems. It also comes with a 10-foot user interface that supports televisions and other remote controls. Since Kodi For Windows is open source it is highly customizable with different background screens and skins and numerous downloadable add-ons. Kodi with tons of in-built features and numerous plugin options for streaming media via online services successfully meets all the needs of its users.
Features of Kodi For Windows:
- Live TV With EPG and PVR/DVR Services
Kodi provides Live TV with Electronic Program Guide and Digital Video Recording features. The TV feature allows you to stream broadcast via ADSL, DTT, cable or internet streaming depending on the add-on you choose. The DVR feature enables video capture and media playback to and from any hard disk drive. Additionally, several PVR client add-ons for PVR software, direct LAN connection and Internet based television providers are available.
- Video Playback
Kodi for windows has an in-house, cross-platform media player that has supports for all mainstream formats. One of the key features of Kodi is the video library that allows you to organize the videos contents systematically.
- Audio Playback
Kodi has its own in-house audio player called ” PAPlayer” with notable key features like gapless playback, crossfading, cue sheet and OGG chapter support etc. this player supports all the widespread mainstream audio formats. The media library allows you to organize audio files by creating smart playlists.
- Add-ons Manager and Plugins
Kodi For Windows is open source that allows developers to create capabilities that helps to extend Kodi with numerous add-ons like audio and video streaming plugins, screensavers, skins and themes.
- Games Manager and Game Console Emulators
The Games Manager if integrated with Kodi software provides a games manager that comes a library and GUI front-end launcher with online web scrapper support to gather information about the games.
How to Download Kodi for Windows:
For all the built-in features that it comes with, Kodi is considerably easy to set up for Windows. There are two methods for downloading Kodi, via Microsoft Store or directly from the official Kodi site.
- Download Kodi From The Microsoft Store
- Go to Microsoft Store and search for the Kodi application.
- Now once the main page has opened, click on ‘Get the app’ link at the bottom of the screen to download Kodi from Windows.
- Now double click on the file to download Kodi installer.
- As soon as the installer is downloaded, a set up wizard will automatically pop up on your screen.
- Now follow the instructions given by the set up wizard to complete Kodi installation for Windows.
- Download Kodi From Official Site
- You can also download Kodi from the official Kodi.tv site. To do so, go to go the main website and click on the download icon available on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Now scroll down the page to the ‘Choose your weapon’ section and from there click on the Windows icon.
- You’ll be given the option to download via Microsoft Store or you have to download 32-bit installer.
- Once it is downloaded, a set up wizard is automatically launched. Follow the instructions of the set up wizard to complete installation.
- How to Setup Kodi For Windows
Setting up Kodi on Windows is relatively simple with its straightforward interface. Follow these steps to set up Kodi on your Windows PC:
- Once the installation is done, your default Kodi screen will be entirely blank. But don’t worry, as it is an open source application you can customize virtually almost everything. You can customize everything easily as the user interface is quite self-explanatory.
- Popular add-ons like Twitch and YouTube and other multiple applications are instantly available in the Kodi repository. In fact, you can instantly start streaming videos and music directly into Kodi.
Kodi for windows is an all-purpose media center software that allows users to stream media content and download content from store in a single place. It is available for multiple OS and supports all the common audio and video formats. Kodi has become a popular media streaming tool with all its features in the present day.